That's What I'm Talking About
- @PretUsa Appreciated, thanks! 2 days ago
- @PretUsa 1399 New York Ave NW Wash, DC (I'm at email@example.com) 2 days ago
- @PretUsa Disappointing: Pret was all sold out of chai chia cups. Double disappointing: brownie cookie I got instead was burned to a crisp. 2 days ago
- RT @First_Focus: Why "doubled-up" still means homeless. A critical story on how homeless kids are affected by this. #InvestInKids #HCYA htt… 3 days ago
- RT @shortestlawyer: Do state spending differences create an unequal playing field for children?: urbn.is/2pvXM0t via @urbaninstitut… 3 days ago
Listen. Learn. Engage.
Category Archives: public transportation
The cold has only just now arrived in Washington, D.C. Unlike my native Chicago, Washington, D.C. tends to be milder. So mild, in fact, that when a bit of white fluffy stuff lands in the nation’s capital, everyone panics. Just … Continue reading
You may have heard of Extreme Couponing — the reality show featuring savvy consumers who furiously clip the Pennysaver for 50 cents here, 20 cents there. I like the premise of the show, because it shows how the little savings … Continue reading
“Lightning talks by local design thinkers” Redesign DC was the first of an ongoing series about how to improve the city of Washington, D.C. The first one was hosted by The Parley, a “cultural accelerator and creative collaborative.” Parley plans to … Continue reading
I love Mount Pleasant, yet I hardly know the neighborhood. But one of my bus routes runs right through the neighborhood, and it has always seemed like a really neat area – historic homes set into the hilly edges of … Continue reading
This video posted yesterday, and it’s already nearing 20,000 views. If you ride the Metro, then this music video is for you. (Hat tip @ninjaclectic).
Dear DC Intern, So you just stepped off the plane to work on the iconic “Hill” or ended up in some crammed corner of a non-profit. You know you’ll hit the monuments, schedule a trip to the White House and … Continue reading
I first heard about TBD, which covers the DMV area, while at an ONA meetup. Too many acronymns for ya? Keep up. Acronyms fill every nook-n-cranny in Washington, D.C. – and not just in the government. TBD is the newest … Continue reading